cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface ATM0, changed state to down - will ilmi-keepalive help?

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have about 80 Cisco 887VA ver 15.1(4r)M routers on New Zealand DSL connections.

One router in pacticular has a problem where the ATM interface is regularly going down and then comes back up almost always after exactly 50seconds.

Normally I would say there was a physical or exchange fault, but the exact timing of 50 seconds seems a bit odd.

I was wondering what the "ilmi-keepalive" command does. Would this help in anyway with a standard DSL connection? I'm hoping some one will say yes it helps keep DSL connections up.  What does it do exactly in relation for a standard DSL service?

Cheers, Simon.

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Simon,

Is this PPPoATM used to connect to some kind of DSL ISP? I've seen some ISPs that will timeout a PPPoE session after a certain amount of time, regardless of the presence of traffic. It forces all of the routers/modems to renegotiate the PPP sessions periodically (say every 24 hours for example). That would also explain why it comes right back up again. Just a thought.

could you post :

show controllers atm mod/slot command here? The counters contained therein would provide a better clue with respect to why the link might be flapping

sh int atm ?

Regards

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ATM ilmi keepalive won't help. There is no ILMI on ADSL.

Please post "show dsl interface".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card