Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet and MPLS access from LAN

vimal vikraman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have one setup in which I have a MPLS connectivity from a Service Provider and Broadband Internet connectivity from another service provider.

Both the links connect to one of my DLINK switch(for which I do not have any option to goto console and manage).

My LAN users need to connect to both the MPLS and Internet.

Currently LAN users change their IPs when they need to access Internet.

My requirement is to have the LAN users send MPLS traffic towards MPLS link and rest traffic towards Internet link.

Can somebody please help in this. I am attaching a schematic for the same.

Thanks.

Network Diagram

3 Replies 3

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is your routing done on the Cisco now? Are you using a routing protocol? What is its default route? Let's say that you have 3 subnets on the mpls circuit - 10.10.10.0/24, 10.10.20.0/24, and 10.10.30.0/24. 

On the Cisco, you could have those routes point to the mpls side, and then set your default route on the Cisco to point to the ADSL Router lan interface. Anything the Cisco can't resolve will get forwarded to the ADSL circuit....

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi John,

thanks for responding.

MPLS is using Static routing protocol between CE and PE.

For default route, i have one query - as the MPLS is in Hub and Spoke topology, hence there is a default route being pointed to Hub location MPLS router.

Also, will there be any issue when we send the traffic out of the same interface on which it being received.

There shouldn't be an issue with it going out the same interface it came in on. The route that you have now may need to be changed to support mpls nodes. If you have 192.168 and 10.0.0.0/8 subjects towards mpls, you may want to create specific routes for those on the ce pointing to pe, and hen change the default route to point to Adsl circuit.

hth,

john

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card