cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Problem

vinodbharwani
Level 1
Level 1

I got small problem , i was doing some configuration on lab , previsoly lab was working fine, now when i do " sh ip interface brief " i am getting method as " NVRAM" , i want to make to "manul", please anybody guide me ,

PE21#sh ip interface brief

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Prot

ocol

Ethernet0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Serial0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM up up

Serial0/0.1 150.2.21.18 YES NVRAM up up

Serial0/0.2 150.2.21.34 YES NVRAM up up

Serial0/0.3 192.168.2.49 YES NVRAM up up

Ethernet0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Serial0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Loopback0 192.168.2.17 YES NVRAM up up

3 Replies 3

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

manual— means Manually changed by CLI command

NVRAM— means Configuration file in NVRAM

There is only small difference

I have just tried some investigation on my lab router - and On a reboot all the ip interaces went to "NVRAM". I also setup up a new ip int and it displayed as "manual" but after reload its back to NVRAM ...

It looks manual is only after change from CLI till next reload

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

Vinod

I am not clear why you want to get the output back to indicate manual. But if that is what you want then Milan has pointed in the right direction. Manual indicates that the interface was manually configured and NVRAM indicates that the interface configuration was in the configuration read from NVRAM when the router booted. So if you really want it to indicate manual then you should unconfigure the interfaces, save the config, reboot the router, and reconfigure the interfaces. That should give you output indicating manual. But why does it matter? Perhaps you can clarify that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi ,

see if you boot the router it takes up config from NVRAM so method is nvram ..its nothing has been stored in NVRAM and you do it mannualy always only then its going to show manual..u need not worry about this .

bye

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card