cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE Router and NAT

adil.nasser3
Level 1
Level 1

We migrated our IPSec Site To Site VPN configuration from a 3900 series IOS router to AS1006 IOS XE router.  Everything is working fine except NAT.  When I issue the command "show ip nat translation" I received the follow error message..

rtr01-edg1#show nat translation
%NAT64: feature not configured

Having looked up the error, I found that this command is necessary to enable NAT64: " nat64 enable".  From quick reading about this command I understand it is required for enabling IPv6 to IPv4 translation but I want to understand is is this required to enable regular NAT on this type of router?

Adil

3 Replies 3

yaserahmed
Level 1
Level 1

It's show ip nat translation. 

The message you got is about "show nat64".

Hello

If you dont have ipv6 running and have no requirement for 64 nat then it isn't required, Curious to what nat you was running prior to the upgrade -  Domain-based (inside/outside) or NVI-based (ip nat enable) nat as the latter isn't supported on IOS XE

Have a look at the NAT configuration guide for ASR1006X  - here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to use the command "show ip nat translations" if you are using nat44. "show nat trans" is a short for "show nat64 translations"

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México