cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP routing issue

bernard.irtz
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with IP routing.  Trying to setup a test network but having an issue pinging an IP address through the routing protocol.

I have router 2 connected to the internet.  It can ping the address 192.168.6.1.  Router 2 is connected to router 1 through the serial connection.  Router 1 can ping the other side of the serial connection and it can also ping 192.168.6.10 (the other side of 6.1),  However router 1 cannot ping 192.168.6.1.

I setup a static route to all networks on router 1 and 2 pointing toward the internet.  Am I crazy or am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

Raju Sekharan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Who has 192.168.6.1 IP address?

If it is a host, check if that has correct default-gateway and subnet-mask

Thanks

Raju

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

post sanitized configs.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks.  192.168.6.1 is the default gateway in our office connected out to the internet.  Everything but these 2 test routers we're setting up is working properly.  We just got these 2 routers used so personally I think it may be a hardware related issue.  The trace to 6.1 gets stuck in the first router even though we have default routes to the internet setup.  I'll post the router configs a little later today.  Got more pressing matters than some test routers to attend to atm.

Does 192.168.6.1 ha return route back to router1?

Check a trace from 192.168.6.1 back to router 1

Thanks

Raju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: