cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA commands

Spiky.Steve
Level 1
Level 1

we use the IP SLA command feature on our 6500 and 3850's  and just wondering what the full device list is that supports these features and we want to purchase 60 new devices (small ones) and would like this feature on them

5 Replies 5

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Spiky.Steve,

You should check the IOS version that the devices support.
What IOS support IP SLA?
Check this link:

https://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/by-feature-technology.jsp

Regards

i was looking on that tool earlier, i dont have many kinds words to say about that tool, i couldnt even find my version of IOS on there to look

surely there's is a list of compatible devices, why cisco makes simple tasks so complicated i dont know

Agree.

You mention that you are looking for some small devices that support the IP SLA feature. What's the high level requirements and we may be able to work out what's appropriate? Are you looking at routers or switches? 

hi, we have 60 sites on the end of VPN's, i wanted to run IP SLA on a switch at each device, then using my custom graphs in a central site,  poll each switch for the IP sla stats and have displayed on a 55" tv

If you have a few users at each of your sites and you're in the market for the latest and greatest enterprise switch for the edge, then the nerd's choice would currently be a Cat 9300, with a view to using in conjunction with DNA Centre Assurance on the big screen in the future.

Incidentally if you wanted to display stats on things like jitter and loss for multiple sites right now on your screen without a dependency on IP SLA, you could take a look at something like pingplotter. I have no connection with this company and other network management tools are of course available.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card