Views
Helpful
Replies

[ISDN] separate use of B-Channels ?

adrienbomble
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just a question about ISDN; Is it possible to use singly the B-Channels. I mean is it possible, buying one ISDN access, to use one B-Channel (64Kbps) for a router and the other B-Channel (64 Kbps) for an other router ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Adrien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adrien

It is possible to use singly the B channel in terms of placing a call to one destination on one B channel and a call to another destination on the other B channel. I believe that you are asking if one router can initiate a call on one B channel and a different router initiate a call on the other B channel. That would not work since both channels must terminate on the same router. If I have not understood your question correctly then perhaps you can clarify for me what you are asking.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adrien

It is possible to use singly the B channel in terms of placing a call to one destination on one B channel and a call to another destination on the other B channel. I believe that you are asking if one router can initiate a call on one B channel and a different router initiate a call on the other B channel. That would not work since both channels must terminate on the same router. If I have not understood your question correctly then perhaps you can clarify for me what you are asking.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply, you well understood my question ! Actually, I didn't know that both channels must terminate on the same router (that's why i asked the question ; ) )

Thanks again,

Regards,

Adrien

Adrien

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read what successfully resolved the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card