Views
Helpful
Replies

Isr 4321 platform issue

lohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a scenario where customer wan link is upgraded from 60 mb to 80 mb and customer is reporting performance issues now.

On wan inter 80 mb QoS policy is applied , 56 for dscp ef premium class and 22 mb for standard class .

I am seeing violation in standard class and no traffic hitting premium class .

The platform throughput is 100 Mbps , my query is weather platform throughput should always be x amount more than the wan bandwidth or can it be s ame as well.

I other words will it support 80/100 Mbps .

The lan interface here is negotiating at 1 gig and I am seeing incrementing output drops on lan interface.

Also there has been a log for throughput throughout threshold breached, there is no policy on lan interface.

Please advise if the issue could be due to platform throughput capping and that 80 Mbps will need more reserve throughout bandwidth for smooth functioning.

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 4k bandwidth caps apply to all ports (aggregate) egress volume.  I.e. you need to account for WAN and LAN egress bandwidth usage.

As for your QoS, would need to see what it is to describe expected operation.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your response.

So you are saying that it should support 80/100 given we keep a check on lan ingress traffic along with proper QoS policing.

Regards

Lohit

No, I'm saying you have to account for all your egress traffic.

If your WAN link supports 80 Mbps, that could demand 160 Mbps, but if your router is licensed for 100 Mbps, you'll be limited to that.

Regarding policing, I believe it only takes pressure off the license cap if done as ingress policing.

HI Joseph,

That answers my question, so for 80 Mbps Wan links 160 M throughput is needed at least.

So you are saying both LAN and WAN egress needs to be taken into account that is 80+80.

Many Thanks

Lohit

Correct, if you want to be able to utilize the full 80 Mbps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card