Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR C1111 8P Lan port flapping

Hi Group

I'm having a Cisco ISR C1111-8P   Dual GE WAN Ethernet Router in my organization today i am trying to make test speed to certain server the wan interface with the PE router is 1G also the Lan interface with my laptop is 1G directly connected with ISR  the problem is when i check interface  status of the Lan interface it set auto to 100M not to 1G i tried to force it to 1G but the port start flapping up-down , also i had the same scenario with customer but in the customer the port stable to 1G no flapping but the maximum speed test i got is 100M doesn't exceed while from the PE there is no restrictions on this port whish means it should reach 1G purely.

So i am asking !

1.Does ISR C1111 have kind of restrictions, Bug , license that set the speed of an interface to 100M and doesn't go further than that.

2. Flapping issue any suggestions btw i tried everything from changing duplex , speed , bandwidth still flapping.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mohamedgiumazwali wrote:

Lan interface it set auto to 100M not to 1G i tried to force it to 1G but the port start flapping

Faulty cable. 

If Pair "D" is not terminated properly, the link will flap if "forced" to 1 Gbps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lan interface it set auto to 100M not to 1G i tried to force it to 1G but the port start flapping

Faulty cable. 

If Pair "D" is not terminated properly, the link will flap if "forced" to 1 Gbps.

I tried using the same cable to  another router 7604  the speed set to 1g auto not like ISR C1111 I think not cabling issue 

Any suggestion leo !

I tried using the same cable to  another router 

Show us the complete output to the command "sh interface <PORT>". 

Get a different cable and try again.

You were right Leo it was cabling issue the funny is i tried about 3 different cable so i wasn't sure it is cabling issue yesterday i made new one all went good 1G speed

Also cable tester not accurate results all good from tester even for the bad cables.

So thanks buddy 

Also cable tester not accurate results all good from tester even for the bad cables.

The only cable tester I will trust is from a Fluke DTX or DSX.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card