Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4331 router speed and duplex hardcore

AndrewHow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm facing issues for the ISR4331 which the speed and duplex needed to hardcore to 100mbps and duplex full. It is running isr4300-universalk9.03.16.04b.S.155-3.S4b-ext.SPA.bin version. It is connected to switches WS-C3850 version cat3k_caa-universalk9 03.07.04E.

Are the model WS-C3750G also need manual configure speed and duplex with ISR4331? I find this amusing ot it is software bug for ISR4331 router.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

what happens if you leave the 4331 interface on 'auto negotiate' ? Does it negotiate half duplex ?

Hi George,

Yes it is half duplex. What it is happening? Do you need to shut and unshut the port? so far I have hardcode it to duplex full and change the speed.

Try and set the media type on the interface, and check if that changes the behavior:

media-type rj45

or

media-type sfp

depending on which interface you are connecting the 3850 to.

Both end are GigaEthernet port, how come isr4331 does not choose rj45?

Hello,

check if you are hitting the bug below. Either way, does it work when you manually set the media type ?

EHWIC-1GE-SFP auto media type is not working properly
CSCuy43787
Description
Symptom:
A EHWIC-1GE-SFP containing a 1000baseT SFP may result in the link staying down/down and the configured speed/duplex being automatically changed.

Conditions:
The EHWIC-1GE-SFP must not have a media type manually configured and the card must have a 1000baseT SFP installed along with a working ethernet connection on the builtin RJ45 port. The interface must be manually configured for 100/Full duplex. When the problem occurs (normally after a reboot) the running configuration will automatically change to 1000/Full and the link will stay down/down.

Workaround:
Manually set the preferred media type using the command "media-type sfp" or "media-type RJ45".

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep an eye out with the SFP module and the IOS.  There are several GLC-T and SFP-GE-T bugs affecting 16.X.X and it's just identifying which one to avoid.  

A good example is CSCvd90801

When in doubt, raise a TAC Case and get TAC to officially confirm which version to use/avoid.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card