Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4351/K9 Easy VPN client support

HaroldZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we were asked by a service provider to acquire a C2951 in order to provide a easy vpn client ability and as we currently own a brand new 4351 router which is by the cisco EOL notice supposed to replace it for VPN services capabilities i am having a hard time understanding how can the service provider insist for us to buy a well in EOS product when we have this 4351 in hand.

thanks in advance, Harold.  

5 Replies 5

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Harold,

4351 does not support Easy vpn client mode. That may be the reason your provider suggested 29xx.

Check below link (goto Advanced security tab)..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html

hth

MS 

Thanks MS but does it make sense that EOS product's replacement would have the client feature if it has the server one? and what sense would it make to hunt down a EOS device to buy just to cover such a minor feature.

Hi,

You don't need to buy EOL router. Go with 800 series teleworker model routers that support this feature.  4xxx ISRs are powerful with more add-on features- that may be one reason for their dedicated server role.

hth

MS

HaroldZ
Level 1
Level 1
well the we already own 3 881 but they cant handle properly over 10mb and in this case we are talking about handling 100/100 link in vpn and the user load.
it starts to feel as if i wont be able to find a proper solution other than purchasing a soon to be EOL product which is something i am not keen on doing.

thanks for your replies MS its appreciated.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: