cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSU on ASR1002-HX

bobbycornetto
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to figure out how to do ISSU on a Cisco ASR-1002-HX. This model has the single, integrated RP that runs two instances of IOS-XE on it and supports ISSU. When I run the "request platform software package install" command on the router, with the .bin file I want already loaded on the bootflash, the following errors appear and the install fails:

Oct 24 17:48:35.918: %INSTALL-5-OPERATION_START_INFO: SIP0: provision.sh: Started install package bootflash:asr1000-universalk9.xx.xx,xx.SPA.binFAILED: Supe
rpackage install over superpackage is not allowed on active RP

Oct 24 17:48:52.954: %INSTALL-3-OPERATION_ERROR_MESSAGE: SIP0: provision.sh: Failed to install package bootflash:asr1000-universalk9.xx.xx.xx.SPA.bin, Error
: Superpackage install over superpackage is not allowed on active RP

Thanks for any assistance.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For 1002-HX ISSU is not supported.

from the data sheet:

Note: ISSU is not supported on Cisco ASR 1001-X, ASR 1001-HX, ASR 1002-HX, ASR 1002-X, or ASR 1004. 

Link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/datasheet-c78-731632.html

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For 1002-HX ISSU is not supported.

from the data sheet:

Note: ISSU is not supported on Cisco ASR 1001-X, ASR 1001-HX, ASR 1002-HX, ASR 1002-X, or ASR 1004. 

Link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/datasheet-c78-731632.html

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for you reply. Of course you're correct. However, I swear I read in Cisco's documentation somewhere about ISSU being supported on the HX models with SSO enabled. Since I can't find it, I accept your answer.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: