Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue Pinging to 8.8.8.8

kevinchandra669
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have an issue with this topology, the main switch can ping to the main router on the vlan subinterfaces (192.168.10.2 and 192.168.20.2) the internal PCs can ping these subinterfaces as well. Now the issue is, the main router can ping to 8.8.8.8 but the main switch cannot ping 8.8.8.8 even though it is connected. Could you guys help me? 

kevinchandra669_0-1703920102923.png
here is some of the configurations that i have made if you need it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Y-BfJq8C7-odgAbUK1yysMs4TB2QRF3X25fqu8-now/edit?usp=sharing

Switch>en Switch#conf t Switch(config)#hostname MainSwitch MainSwitch(config)#vlan 10 MainSwitch(config-vlan)#name Staff MainSwitch(config-vlan)#vlan 20 MainSwitch(config-vlan)#name Devices MainSwitch(config)#vtp mode server MainSwitch(config)#vtp domain PTXYZ MainSwitch(config)#spanning-tree mod...
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@kevinchandra669 hi, add default route in your main switch. 

for ex.

#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.2

since you have 2 sub interfaces in router, you can select either one of them as a default route destination. or add 2 default routes via both VLANs.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@kevinchandra669 hi, add default route in your main switch. 

for ex.

#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.2

since you have 2 sub interfaces in router, you can select either one of them as a default route destination. or add 2 default routes via both VLANs.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi @Kasun Bandara , thank you very much! This really helped me a lot.

Hello
Looks like the rtr and switch is performing the inter-vlan routing, suggest just make the switch perform this function.

See attached file.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card