Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with levels of console access

GWoodcock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to wipe some old devices remotely and run into an issue.

I am connected to a remote 4451 router and through the Aux I am connected to a 3945 with several hardware modules.

To wipe those modules I need to go through the 3945 backplane via the service module session command.

But when I try to get out of the module via (Ctrl+alt+6) X I end up back at the 4451.  Even after clearing the line and connecting again the 3945 passes the connection to the service module and I can't get back to the 3945.

If there another commend that will get me from the service-module to the 3945 without going back to the 4451?

| via Aux

| via backplane

Service-module

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Type your ctrl command sequence twice before you type the X. That should get you out of the service module and back to the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

just to make sure: are you using control+shift+6 x ? In your post you wrote Ctrl+alt+6 X...

Type your ctrl command sequence twice before you type the X. That should get you out of the service module and back to the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick, typing the first sequence twice before the X worked perfectly

You are welcome. I am glad that my suggestion was helpful.Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sorry I meant shift not alt, as mentioned above I was doing it correctly as I was cancelling the session and returning to the 4451.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card