cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iWAN 2.2 pfr site-prefix list branch

dlstokes
Level 1
Level 1

We are running iWAN 2.2.  I am trying to determine if there are any technical issues with using a prefix-list at the branch to define the domain site-prefixes for that branch (in effect disabling the automatic/dynamic function of pfr when determining the local site prefixes).  I understand the increased administrative overhead of maintaining the prefix-list for any new LAN subnet at the site, but in our environment we have to define that 'local.lan' prefix list anyway, as the router is the trust boundary and we do not trust the LANs (managed and advertised to us by a third-party).  If we take the increased administrative overhead discussion 'off the table', are there any other technical reasons why we should not explicitly use a well-know/well-defined prefix-list at the branch to define the 'site prefixes' for the iwan domain?

I am trying to determine if we are going to negatively affect or impact the behavior of pfr or accidentally cause some other issue/problem by using a prefix-list at the branch for site-prefixes in the domain configuration.

TIA.

1 Reply 1

mschnabs1
Level 1
Level 1

We are still using site prefix lists, and have no issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card