cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kron command to input enable password

Wizard4777
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to configure kron policy and occurrence but my router requires an "enable password".  what is the command to achieve that?

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Wizard4777,

To configure a Kron policy and occurrence on a router, you need to access the router's CLI using the "enable" command. However, the "enable" command typically requires an "enable password" or "enable secret" to authenticate and gain privileged access.

You need to enter the enable password before accessing the Kron configuration mode.

configure terminal
enable password <new-password>

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

what i want is for kron to type "enable", then "input password", then "press enter" and then do other functions like "conf t"

is this achievable?

@Wizard4777,

The Kron feature itself does not support sending interactive commands that require user input. However, there is an alternative method you can use to achieve your desired outcome by EEM.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

cli enable password XXXX
this command under kron policy-list <<- I test this commend NOW I will update you 
thanks 
MHM

Solved: kron cli problem - Cisco Community

why I do test because as I know before Kron is only allow for some command not all, and that what I get from Lab, the cli is not run and also I check find the link above mention you cannot use kron for all cli. 

so use EEM instead 
thanks 

MHM

laguilar
Level 1
Level 1

EEM works great.  After spending some time trying to configure kron for shut/no shut of ports, tried EEM and it worked first time.  Thank you!!!

can you post sample config please?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card