cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Laptops cant get connected to DHCP server.

WMelon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I made a network for a college project in packet tracer and everything should work i think... But i cant get my laptops connected to the dhcp server and get the APIPA is being used error. I dont know what to do anymore. It has to be DHCP and im not allowed to make it static. Can someone please help

4 Replies 4

Hello,

can you post the instructions for your project ? I opened your file, but it looks incomplete. The DHCP server has no IP address, the existing pools are incorrect, there are no Vlans on the switches, no trunks towards the routers, and no subinterfaces on the routers.

It is in Dutch I hope this is usefull. Its a basis assignment, our first in Cisco PT. So it shouldn't be too difficult... I was never told about vlan or trunks, so if it can work without, that would probabably be ok..

Please I don't need a worked out version, I only need a nudge in the right direction so I can figure out for myself what to do

Hallo, geen enkel probleem. Ik zal er straks even naar kijken...

Hallo,

ik heb de IP adressering en de DHCP pools aangepast, alle PC's krijgen nu een IP adres via DHCP. Laat me weten als je nog vragen hebt. De DHCP pools zijn het belangrijkste, de adressen moeten kloppen.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card