Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

leased line

i need to know if i use leased line  between two branches , i dont need to have real ip and nating ? right ?

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That should be correct. A leased line should operate as a direct point-to-point link between your two locations, so you should be able to use any kind of addressing you like, without a need for NAT or public IP addresses.

Best regards,
Peter

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own ris

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Ditto to what Peter has already noted, but to add, if you used a "private" cloud technology, e.g. frame-relay, ATM, MPLS, MetroE, they too all generally allow you to use private IP addressing and avoid the need for NAT.  Additionally, if you use a tunnel across the Internet, it would have a pair of public IPs, but the tunnel, and the internal networks it supports also can generally use private IP addressing and there's no need to NAT.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card