Views
Helpful
Replies

Linecard unsupported on 7613 chassis

DatTX
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I have a problem that i don't know why linecards 7600ES-20G3C are not working when i inserted them to router 7613 chassis. I tried to upgrade IOS but it's still not working. show module.jpglog.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your error messages note those cards are not supported in slots 1 to 8.

You do know, xx13 chassis, not every slot supports 40 Gbps, i.e. not all have dual fabric connections?

In @marce1000's second reference, Table 1, we find:

Switch-fabric connectivity Two 20-Gbps fabric channels Uses the Cisco 7600 Series 720-Gbps switch fabric for data forwarding; two fabric channels are used

BTW, unsure 6500 optimal usage applies to 7600, but in the 6500, mixing classic bus cards, like your 6148s and fabric only cards, degrades performance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://andovercg.com/datasheets/cisco-7600-line-cards.pdf

>...
Table 1-2 Cisco 7600 ES+ Line Card Supported Router Platforms
              7600-ES+20G3C All Cisco 7600 series routers except for the Cisco 7603 router

Refhttps://andovercg.com/datasheets/cisco-7600-series-ethernet-services-plus-20-40-gbps-line-cards-datasheet.pdf

>...The line cards are compatible with the Cisco 7600 Series Supervisor Engine 720-3B/3BXL and Cisco 7600 Series
Route Switch Processor 720 (RSP720) and later.

Check if any of these info's can provide more insights.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thankyou

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your error messages note those cards are not supported in slots 1 to 8.

You do know, xx13 chassis, not every slot supports 40 Gbps, i.e. not all have dual fabric connections?

In @marce1000's second reference, Table 1, we find:

Switch-fabric connectivity Two 20-Gbps fabric channels Uses the Cisco 7600 Series 720-Gbps switch fabric for data forwarding; two fabric channels are used

BTW, unsure 6500 optimal usage applies to 7600, but in the 6500, mixing classic bus cards, like your 6148s and fabric only cards, degrades performance.

Yes, i swap it to slot 9 - 12 and it works. But i have problem that it's diag status is minor error. Do you know how to fix it. I have tried to reset linecard but it's not work

Possibly a whole chassis reload or a power off/on reboot may eliminate the minor error.  (I recall on the 6500s, sometimes a full power off/on reboot is needed for all hardware to "play nice" together, especially if different variants of DFCs and/or sups are being used [e.g. Q. What happens when you mix different versions of the PFC3x and DFC3x? ].)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card