Helpful
Replies

Load balancing between ADSL lines

tomy_bel303
Level 1
Level 1

Hello every body

I've 6 ADSL lines that provided by the same ISP and i've Cisco router 2600

so, how can I connect the six lines to the cisco router and running load balancing between them ??

Regards

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Abdul

Whats the bandwidth of each ADSL link? Is it not easy to get a single big fat pipe or 2 pipes for redundandcy purpose instead of having 6 of them? That would definetely make life easy with management and when thinking off other capabilities like load sharing etc.,

regds

hello again

The speed of each ADSL line is 2Mb/s

Regards

i think firstly -- might be a bit of a problem to connect 6 adsl lines to one 2611xm  , theres only 4 wics

so lets say you have 4 adsl lines and want to load balance ,

one way to do it would be via 'multilink ppp'  -- you have to discuss this with your isp because they will have to set some configurations on thier side , but essentially all the dsl lines will get bundled and you will essentially have one IP for the bundle , similar to a layer 3 etherchannel, except not as good.

this is one method thats easy to set up and works reasonably ok, i believe there are other ways -- best to involve your isp in the discussions.

if i was in your position, i would cancel 5 x dsl lines  and get a decent connection like an E1 or Les 10 from your isp  , and use the remaining dsl as a backup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card