Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing two equal WAN links

dcarr3311
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a single gig WAN link to our back up Data Center. The WAN routers peer with BGP. The WAN routers distribute route to a Layer 3 switch running EIGRP. I am getting a second gig WAN link from another provider for increased Bandwidth and redundancy. Now I would would like to use the EIGRP equal cost load balancing to distribute between both links. But the Traffic is encrypted and has the same source and destination IP always. IS using per-packet round robin my only choice or can anyone think of another way to do this?

5 Replies 5

Hello

you have a few options but just one thing if your having a second wan link installed then you have two paths with different next hop addresses via two ddifferent isps  wouldn’t you unless I am missing something fundermental with what your saying?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul 

the links are are dark fiber so Layer 2 

Hello

can you post a topology of your network ipresently and what is expected 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

The second proposed link is show below.. I can add additional routers if needed. And remember the source and destination IP's and port don't change.

[cid:image001.png@01D44033.931F9FA0]

[cid:image001.png@01D44053.CF261630]
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card