Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max throughput for ISR4321/K9 with FL-4320-BOOST-K9

Hi to all,

I have a ISR4321/K9 with 2 active licenses, FL-4320-PERF-K9  and FL-4320-BOOST-K9.

The FL-4320-PERF-K9 license up the throughput from 50M to 100M.

The FL-4320-PERF-K9 license on datasheet "Booster Performance License for 4320 Series Router", but it doesn't specify what is the maximum throughput.

Do you know what is the maximum throughput with these licenses?

Thank you.
Regards,

Matteo 

5 Replies 5

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Table 4 on the datasheet specifies the throughput as 1.5Gbps:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/data_sheet-c78-732542.html

cheers,

Seb.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Seb has Cisco "documented", the maximum throughput for a 4321 with a boost license is 1.5 Gbps. Basically, Cisco is removing the software performance cap, so you can obtain whatever the hardware, your configuration and traffic mix will allow. In other words, the router will work much as all the prior generation ISRs. Like those, it's unlikely your traffic with your configuration will obtain such a rate, possibly not even near it. Since the performance license (more or less) "guarantees" 100 Mbps, that's likely the "floor" of expected performance with the boost license and 1.5 Gbps the maximum possible. I suspect typical maximum performance more toward the floor than the maximum possible, but again, much depends on your configuration and your traffic mix.

I've attached a Cisco white paper on prior generation ISR performance. What to take note of is how much maximum performance can vary based on configuration and traffic mix.

almccanuel
Level 1
Level 1

can i use/activate boost license without perf-k9 license?

Hello,

to answer your last question: yes. As a matter of fact, the license below supersedes all other licenses. You only need this one. It makes the performance license obsolete.

FL-4320-BOOST-K9 (=)

Booster Performance License for 4320 Series Router

As you said the thoughput is restricted by licence.-Can post the output of the following commands into  file and attach to your post:

sh logging
sh licence feature 
sh licence status
sh licence right-to-use
sh platform hardware throughou

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card