cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

meraki MX64 site to site

JohnnyG
Level 1
Level 1

Gday all, i have just got my 2 merakis and set them up and can ping each local and wan interfaces but i just cannot ping any pc plugged into the LAN ports.

Question is what am i doing wrong?

1st network is

WAN 192.168.150.100, gateway is 192.168.150.252 (Modem Router)

LAN 192.168.1.254

2nd network is:

WAN 192.168.151.100, gateway is 192.168.151.252 (Modem Router)

LAN 192.168.2.254

From each i can ping .254 and 100 but nothing else.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

can the PCs connected to any of the four LAN ports ping the default gateway (the .254 addresses) ? Is the LAN port LED steady green (indicating bidirectional connectivity), and flashing green (indicating traffic ?

yeah mate i can ping the nics on the device but if i plug a PC in i just cant seem to pign that.

Also cant seem to connect the L2TP client VPN either in win7, 8 or 10!.

Im using the meraki cloud for authentication so maybe i need not use NAT and portforward?

Hello

You can ping both interfaces due to the fact that they are L3 interfaces however do you have any L2 vlans configured?

How are the switches connected to each other?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for the reply mate, no vlans at this stage.

The first one is plugged straight into the back of a Modem/Router and the other i have sitting at my desk.

They are both on different subnets and i can get to both management interfaces but just cant seem to get to a PC.

I have read and read again LOL but im sure i have everything configured right! Just tried the VPN again and just sits there.

I was going to send one device 400 kilometers away but if i cant get access to a machine by pinging it on that subnet then i cant continue witht he migration of running our own network.

keeps getting the same error

CoId={0E4EFF11-6F6E-4187-988C-6A5A725B190F}: The user domain\user dialed a connection named VPN Connection which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 0.

I redid everything and deleted the network in the cloud and started from scratch and now its working.

Not sure what i did wrong in the first place.

Another thing is when connecting to the Client VPN, should i be able to ping all subnets or just the one im connected to as i read it online?

Hello

Depends if you allowing the subnets to be advertised to go over the vpn, which you should be able to on the site-to-site vpn page

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card