cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS Option A | Packet loss on specific source IP?

Lost & Found
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I'm currently reviewing 1 issue and just want to seek your inputs about the current setup and the issue.

packetloss.png

The setup is there are 2 ISP involve (back-to-back vrf exchange between ISPA and B), Now the issue here's is that when SIP: 192.168.100.1  pings x.x.x.169 of ISP A IP packet loss exist while no packet loss when pinging ISP B IP(x.x.x.170).

Screenshot_20201230-040028_Chrome.jpg

So I'm thinking this could be a circuit issue between 2 ISP but when I tried a different source IP noticed that there's no packet loss. Conduct a reachability from CE router block (192.168.100.0  & .200.0) towards to ISP B IP but unable to detected packet on both link facing ISP A. Also note that issue also happens on both ISP A link when CE pings sourcing to 192.168.100.x.

I do have access to ISP A and I'm thinking what could possibly go wrong. Let me know if I have missed.

1. no packet loss on ISP A to ISP B p2p ip addresses / no congestion.
  2. Does the BGP multi path can affect the traffic ? (i believe should not affect since able to see the p2p and bgp peering's are stable).
  3. No ACL or some sort of filtering applied on ISP A interface.
  4. IPS/FW on customer side?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Hello,

try and extended traceroute from the two different source IP addresses...is the path exactly the same ?

AS I know the CE route is hidden from P inside Core and it appear only in PE.

so what are you missing here

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card