Views
Helpful
Replies

My router has problems starting 2811

rllanovarced
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Tell you that recently my 2811 router has problems, the computer turns on but does not show me any command or error in the terminal or console at startup and stays on but does not show anything, something curious is that the terminals to connect a Fast Ethernet network cable light.

Can anyone give me some idea of the problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.Hello
Tell you that recently my 2811 router has problems, the computer turns on but does not show me any command or error in the terminal or console at startup and stays on but does not show anything, something curious is that the terminals to connect a Fast Ethernet network cable light.
Can anyone give me some idea of the problem.
Thank you for your cooperation.

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

If you are attempting to gain command line access, you won't quite get there from the fast ethernet port.

1. Find the correct cable (blue console cable that shipped with the router) and connect it to the port labled console in

the back of the router. make sure you have something like hyperterm or putty on the workstation. you need to configure serial communications (9600 8 n 1) on the emulator.

2. Is the router running on a network right now? do you know what is connected to any other interfaces

If yo only have one ethernet lan, then I would suspect that the "default gateway for the workstations is the router,

you could then try to telnet to that ip address.

Talk to you about the cable is connected console where it belongs, in the console port and the tool used to manage terminal via the ZOC / PRO 6.28. The router was removed and is being tested there is nothing connected to the router 2811 now, as I mention the router lights on the console but shows no sign of any error.

ok, here is a doc that covers console connections, If you are sure that your stuff is set up correctly, then it could be failed hardware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094465.shtml

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card