Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K route-map match doesn't accept '>'

sjhloco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone come across issues with the naming of match statements in route-maps containing '>' or know of any documentation on what is allowed. I am trying to apply the following:

ip prefix-list PL_OSPF98>>BGP65001_ME50 seq 5 permit 10.10.10.0/24
!
route-map RM_OSPF98>>BGP65001 permit 10
match ip address prefix-list PL_OSPF98>>BGP65001_ME50
set metric 50

It works fine up to the match line and errors with:

DC1-N9K-LEAF01(config-route-map)# match ip address prefix-list PL_OSPF98>>BGP65001_ME50
Error: CLI DN creation failed substituting values. Path sys/rpm/rtmap-[RM_OSPF98BGP65001]/ent-10/mrtdst/rsrtDstAtt-[sys/rpm/pfxlistv4-[PL_OSPF98>>BGP65001_ME50]]

If I remove the '>' from the line it works so seems to not like them. Does anyone know what this error means or if is a bug? This happens on a virtual device in EVE-NG on version nxos.9.2.4.bin, however on sbx-nxos-mgmt.cisco.com which is on nxos.9.3.3.bin it doesnt. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks to be the version of code. I built a new N9K with 9.3.5 (nexus9300v.9.3.5.qcow2) and no longer have the problem.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @sjhloco ,

I have never tried to use a non alphanumeric character in the name of a prefix-list or a route-map.

I use TO or INTO instead of ">>" .

This can be considered a minor issue.

I would suggest to change your naming convention.

Edit:

I have realized I use "-" or "_" in names with no issues all the other chars I use are alphanumeric.

In C++ >> is an operator for example to read from input or ouput when the route-map name is passed at lower level it might be processed in C or C++ routine/ function.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the info. Is just a Lab for production so will see what happens with different codes and on physical. The fact it works on Cisco sandbox but not not EVE-NG suggests maybe something to do with platform or code. Had same issue on older version on EVE-NG so could be that. Like you say worst case just use different name, doesnt sound like are restrictions on naming. 

Looks to be the version of code. I built a new N9K with 9.3.5 (nexus9300v.9.3.5.qcow2) and no longer have the problem.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card