Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT for Inbound Multihoming using Routing

rodrigo.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Community Team!

I have attached an example topology on this thread for explain what I want to do. The suppose that R2 is working as a ISP1 and R3 ISP2, and back of them is the Internet (loopback interfaces). R1 is doing NAT for R4 using the IP range of ISP1 and ISP2, but I want that return packets from packets coming from Internet using ISP2 be transmit to ISP2, and on the other hand, packets from packets coming from Internet using ISP1 be transmit to ISP1, but I can’t do this work.

I have tried to use default routes with the same AD, default routes with different AD, with CEF, without CEF, using CBAC, using ZBFW, but nothing worked. I would like if routers are able to do that when dynamic routing is not possible and only default routing is being used.

I could do this pretty easy with ASA, I only to create both NAT (using one public IP for each ISP) and create two default routes that do not need to have same AD, and ASA will know that packets came from XYZ ISP and that return packets must be transmitted for the same link/ISP. ASA is pretty much intelligent :-)

Imaging that R1 is doing NAT for R4 with those policies:

R1#sh ip int b

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

FastEthernet0/0            200.0.0.1       YES manual up                    up

FastEthernet0/1            201.0.0.1       YES manual up                    up

FastEthernet1/0            10.0.0.1        YES manual  up                    up

NVI0                             200.0.0.1       YES unset     up                    up

!  

R1#sh route-map

route-map ISP2, permit, sequence 10

Match clauses:

interface FastEthernet0/1

Set clauses:

Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

route-map ISP1, permit, sequence 10

Match clauses:

interface FastEthernet0/0

Set clauses:

Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

!

R1#sh run | sec ip nat inside source

ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.2 200.0.0.100 route-map ISP1 extendable

ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.2 201.0.0.100 route-map ISP2 extendable

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to using only routers?

Tks!

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate post, please use the link below to post any answers -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2265374?tstart=0

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card