Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Help

cdc9850
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having difficulty getting PC9, which is on the outside of NAT rtr 3 to be able to communicate with the rest of the topology on the inside of the NAT. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going wrong but I think it is something to do with the translations and static routes I set.

Attached is the PTK file.

Thanks all!Routing

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

sorry for my late response, I am in GMT +1 (Amsterdam time).

it came down to one small error:

Switch 1

interface FastEthernet0/22

--> switchport mode access

--> switchport access vlan 103

This is how that port needs to be configured. Attached the revised, working project file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

what are the requirements of your network, what are you trying to build ? You have multiple routers connected through layer 2 switches, which only works if all interfaces on all routers are in the same subnet. None of your routers (or clients) can reach Router3, so NAT never happens.

Clarify what your network is supposed to look like...

Hello,

Sorry about the lack of information - So switches 0&1 have 3 VLANs, which PCs 0-5 are split among, all of these are supposed to be able to communicate through RTRs 0&1 with static routes. PCs 6-8 are on their own network and also have to communicate with the PCs that are on the 3 VLANs (except for VLAN 101, which there is an ACL on RTR 2 to stop traffic). All of this works and now I am trying to add a NAT RTR to switch 1, where PC 9 is considered the "outside" of the network and can communicate with the rest of the inside network.  Also the interface (on the rtr) that connects RTR 3 to Switch 1 has the subnet of 200.200.203.252, so shouldn't it be reachable from the other RTRs?

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. The problem is that none of your routers or clients can even reach router 3. I'll lab this up and get back with you...

Sounds good, thank you!

Hello,

sorry for my late response, I am in GMT +1 (Amsterdam time).

it came down to one small error:

Switch 1

interface FastEthernet0/22

--> switchport mode access

--> switchport access vlan 103

This is how that port needs to be configured. Attached the revised, working project file.

Hello
Please review attached file, Look at the nat configuration host 200.200.203.9 to see what has been done to provide reachability, This is the follow on from your previous request for static routing post - here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card