Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT translation with dual access

mostafa ouamou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We need to access to server with real ip address and nated ip address in the same time from the outside.

The two ip address are reachable from the outside.

this is for migration needs.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Please explain a bit more about your design. You mean the server assigned a public ip address and a private ip address on the same interface. Right? The two public ip addresses are the same subnet. Right?

If you are connecting the server with the existing public ip address and you want to use a new one while using the old one as well. You can add a seconday ip address on the server and then do two static nat entries on the router.

HTH,

Toshi

Hi thotsaphon

Thanks for your reply.

"" If you are connecting the server with the existing public ip address and you want to use a new one while using the old one as well. You can add a seconday ip address on the server and then do two static nat entries on the router"" Right.

But the version of my system doesn't support the secondary ip address. for that reason I look for other solution.

Hi,

As long as 192.168.142.0 and 10.72.142.0 network are advertised to remote sites. Users can direct connect the server(192.168.142.1) or Natted IP(10.72.142.1).

Toshi

Thanks, but when i do the nat (10.72.142.1==>192.168.142.1)  I can ping both ip address, but i can't telnet both ip address (I telnet only the natted ip 10.72.142.1).

That's right because static nat will translate the returning traffic from real ip to the mated one !!!

U might use port nat if this applicable to ur case

Or if u know the source of the traffic that need to use the nated or the real ip u might use policy nat but I don't think this is useful in ur case but an option to think about

Good luck

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi all

Thank you for your feed-back.

Can you explain me why i can ping both ip address and I can't telnet both ip address.

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card