cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance for routing the same subnet network through the use of VLANs over a simulated internet.

randomstudent23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am doing a project for a class of mine and I have to ensure that all devices are able to be pinged between each other regardless of location.  The routing aspect has to be done through static routing, and the ISP routers are able to pass packets around the ring of ISP routers through the use of default routes 0.0.0.0/0 on one of their serial ports.  I have all my devices able to ping each other EXCEPT for the ones that share the same subnet that are outside the "physical location" I am trying to ping from, then it is unsuccessful.  So, for example, if I try to ping a Student Services VLAN computer from the main campus that isn't in the main campus, the ping is unsuccessful.  When I conduct a traceroute it shows that it goes towards the interface that I have the route directed towards, in this case g0/0.  If someone could explain to me how I could avoid running into this issue.  I have tried rerouting to the next-hop IP addresses, rather than using the exit interface.  As well as adding them to the next-hop ip address to the ISP router in addition to the already set default route.  I have attached the packet tracer file to show how I have things configured.

Things to note:  I am only at a CCNA level of networking.  I am not looking for advice on anything but the routing issue I am experiencing, I know there are things that could be done better with the network but it is what it is.  Please don't give a full on solution to my issue, what I mean by that is not going into exact answers in the way that would be considered cheating.  I merely need help understanding the logic of what needs to be done to get it to work, why it is not working in the first place, and/or how I could go about resolving this issue.  

3 Replies 3

randomstudent23
Level 1
Level 1

One thing I wanted to say: the password to get into the console is cisco and the password to get into global configuration mode is class.

Hello

Unfortunatley I cannot open that PT file, What verson of PT are you using?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I am using Cisco Packet Tracer version 7.3.0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card