Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help Configuring Hybrid Routing in Packet Tracer

Kuladbr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm currently facing some difficulties in configuring routing within a network topology using Cisco Packet Tracer. I have attempted to use OSPF , but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as expected. My professor has mentioned that I should try a hybrid routing approach, possibly involving OSPF and BGP . However, I have limited experience with this configuration method and would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Before diving into the specifics, here's a brief overview of the topology:

Kuladbr_0-1684247605447.png

The problem arises when I attempt to access "www.theccnas.com" from the Admin PC. Additionally, I am unable to access "www.externalone.com" from the NET Admin PC and the DMZ Web Server. These issues seem to be related to routing, and I suspect that a combination of OSPF and BGP might be necessary to resolve them. It's worth mentioning that I have implemented some security measures, such as ACLs , within the network.

1 Reply 1

Hi

I took a look on your project and here is the first problem I have found. 

The Admin PC has the DNS 192.168.135.250.5, however, if you go to DNS > Service It is blank. There is no entry there. You should have an entry like 

Name www.theccnas.com Type A record and adresss. The address should be some HTTP server on you network. 

The same situation I have found for Net Admin. 

The routing I think is ok as I could ping the DNS server from the PC. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco