cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with configuring routing between two routers

gulatirishi29
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Networking, so please excuse me for asking a basic question. I have a network with two routers, 4 switches, and 5 PCs. I have set up the IPs and routes and I can successfully ping between the PCs connected via the same router. However, when I try to ping a terminal connected to another router, I get a destination unreachable error. I have tried static, rip, and eigrp, but none of it is working. I am attaching my file, please help me figure out where am I going wrong!

3 Replies 3

gulatirishi29
Level 1
Level 1

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I think auto-summary is the problem. EIGRP in 12.x version has auto-summary by default; whereas IOS 15.0 and up has updated EIGRP to no auto-summary by default (which is no even displayed under eigrp line);

Try add no auto-summary into eigrp and remove any conflicting static routing entries.  

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

TotallyTodd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, one thing I've noticed is that you are only advertising one of the networks connected to each switch. The 10.0.1.0 network needs to be advertised on switch 1 and the 10.2.3.0 network need to be advertised on switch 2 totally . As far as static routing.. it totally seems like you have the routes correct but on the wrong routers.. the routes on router 0 should be on router 1 and the routes on router 1 should be on router 0. You could also use a static default route if you just want to get some pings going  totally hope this helps ! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card