Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with project

mandolordian
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I need help with my final project for my Switching, Routing, and Wireless class. My hosts are not receiving the correct IPv4 address, and they haven't received an IPv6 address at all. I'm doing the project on packet tracer before I move onto the live version.

I've attached the pkt below.

23 Replies 23

Hello,

you have overlapping subnets. Make sure each subnet is unique:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1.200
description Management Network
encapsulation dot1Q 200
ip address 192.168.1.65 255.255.255.224
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
description Link to LAN 2
ip address 192.168.1.98 255.255.255.240
ip helper-address 10.0.0.1
duplex auto
speed auto
ipv6 address 2001:DB8:ACAD:3::1/64

mandolordian
Spotlight
Spotlight

Oh, I have some ip addresses incorrectly configured. Will change that around and if I need more help, I'll come back here.

mandolordian
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can't get this command to work:

R2(config-if)# ipv6 dhcp relay destination 2001:db8:acad:2::1 g0/0/0

I get an "invalid input detected at '^" marker" message.

anybody know why? i'm trying to configure a DHCPv6 server between two routers (R1 and R2).

This is the topology:

Untitled.png

Hello,

I guess there have been some changes since the last one I sent you. Post your current zipped project (.pkt) file...

Here you go. I've only configured up to the stateful DHCPv6 server.

I'm having trouble with the ipv6 dhcp relay destination command. I get a message that there is no such command. I'm following this configuration:

https://itexamanswers.net/8-5-1-lab-configure-dhcpv6-answers.html

The specific step I'm following is "Configure R2 as a DHCP relay agent for the LAN on G0/0/1"

Hello Georg Pauwen,

I am having some trouble again. It's the same project. IP's are different, but I don't know if that's the problem because all IP's look good.

The problem I am having now is that I can not get an IPv4 address on PC0. Can you have a look? I've attached the pkt below.

See post below...

**bleep** it. I am back to square 1 again. I am doing two different pkt files. One with sub-interfaces configured on Router0, and another pkt file without the sub-interfaces.

Can you tell me if it makes a difference whether I have sub-interfaces or not? Because in my pkt file without the subinterfaces, I followed all the projects instructions, and, after I implemented the security features, I was not getting IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on both PCs.

I did a pkt file with the sub-interfaces, and IPv4 isn't working on PC0.

So, do the sub-interfaces matter in the end? Is that why, after implementing security features on the pkt file without the sub-interfaces, I can not get IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on both PCs?

mandolordian
Spotlight
Spotlight

Here is the pkt file you were asking for in p-m.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card