cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with QoS to protect bandwidth

fbcbootie
Level 1
Level 1

I feel a bit in over my head here as I've never dealt with QoS stuff before, but what I'm trying to do can't be all that difficult. 

We are using a Cisco ASA 5505 appliance for routing/firewall.

We are on a cable Internet connection with 3 MB upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1877190204.png

On Sunday mornings, we send audio from a device on our network out over the Internet to a radio station which then broadcasts it, but we've had some jitter problems lately and would like to reserve some space for this audio feed to get out without other traffic getting in the way.

The device on our network sending the audio has IP address 192.168.0.22. 

The device's documentation states it uses TCP 9002 to send session data and UDP 9000 to send the audio data.

So, it seems to me I need to simply tell the firewall to give priority to the device at IP address 192.168.0.22, perhaps also specifying the ports and protocols.

I'd rather not try to do this using command line stuff but will do what I need to.

Using the Cisco ASDM launcher to configure the ASA 5505, I created the following security policy but I'm thinking it may be incomplete, or perhaps the wrong thing altogether:

asdm launcher.jpg

I created a "Source" called WLFJ_Tieline which is a network object with IP address 192.168.0.22.

For "Destination" I just chose "any" to cover it all.

For "Service" I don't know what I'm doing in that field.  I see I can choose from things like TCP, UDP, IP, and also add port numbers, but I'm just not sure what I'm doing in there and chose IP.

Then there is the "Source Service" field that I don't know if should be blank.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

1 Reply 1

A Abdul
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card