cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need more powerful router that will do dual WAN failover

coryjsanders
Level 1
Level 1

We currently deploy an RV042 and it is running out of horsepower.  I need to retain the ability to do dual WAN failover.  The Cisco presales guy is suggesting the 3900 series, but he cannot verify if the unit will do what I want it to do.  We have a cable modem for the primary WAN and DSL connection for the secondary.  We have 30-50 users and 30+ Polycom VVX and Cisco SPA IP phones that talk to a remote Asterisk server. I have two Cisco SF30048P switches.  I want to create a voice VLAN and prioritize the traffic that way.  Currently using DSCP values and Queues on the switches. 

No need for much VPN connectivity -- no in-house servers and no remote workers to support.  

Can someone recommend the proper Cisco router and interface cards?  The guy on presales, as nice and diligent as he is, does not know.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

The most important question is how much your external bandwidth is.

If your cable connection is about 100 MBit/s, an ISR 4331 could match your needs.

Hi coryjsanders,

I can help you look for the best product that would fit your requirements. please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com so we can discuss this further. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card