cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to be able to stream over lan without using internet

kieranXCVI
Level 1
Level 1

i need to live stream from PC to PC without using the internet, i have tried configuring EIGRP which works and adding VLANS to each switch but it doesn't seem to work, is there anything else i could do to get it to work. any commands would be very helpful. 

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Much might depends on whether your "live stream" uses multi-cast. If so, you would need to configure multicast routing in addition to unicast routing.

How would I go about setting them up, thanks for the advice

Multicast? (You should first verify that's what you need, and if needed, the multicast addressing used by the application would be good to know too.)

BTW, setting up multicast can be almost, if not sometimes more, involved setting up as unicast switching/routing.

Could I not use unicast as it is only going to be watched on one device?

The software I am using is either obs to obs using NDi plugin or vmix to ndi studio monitor

"Could I not use unicast as it is only going to be watched on one device?"

Maybe, it depends on what the application supports.

"The software I am using is either obs to obs using NDi plugin or vmix to ndi studio monitor"

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that application.

If PCs can ping to each other, it is not a network issue.  However, if the ping round trip time latency is high, latency may affect the application.  Otherwise, streaming may be failing at the application level.

The PC’s can ping each other without any problems,

The applications doesn’t have any settings to configure, once the plugins installed the software is supposed to auto detect the stream so I cannot find any issues with the software I will try multicasting on the routers tomorrow and see how that goes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco