Views
Helpful
Replies

New 2901 Router - Crypto Commands

manoremaint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have just received a new cisco 2901 and started on its configuration.

For my surprise, when I started configuring VPN tunnels, I saw that non of the crypto commands are available.

The router runs on iOS 15.1.

From what I read, people refer that the router needs to past a license activation or something like that. When I run show verison - i do see "none" under most of the categories.

Does anyone familiar / faced such an issue?

Thanks for the help!

Mor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

You will need a security license. You should be able to get a 30 day license until you can purchase the license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/qa_c67_606268.pdf

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

You will need a security license. You should be able to get a 30 day license until you can purchase the license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/qa_c67_606268.pdf

Thank you.

How can I activate for the 30 days license?

Do you know if it should come with the basic configuration on the router?

It is actually a 60 day license and I believe you run a command on the router to activate it but I don't remember the command. I believe it is something like "license boot module c2900 technology-package securityk9". If you have access to TAC then they can help with that.

It depends on the part number that was purchased but at a minimum it will come with IP Base.

I have recently been through the process of obtaining the temporary (evaluation) security license for a 2900 router. You start by going to the licensing portal on Cisco.com. One of the options there is to apply for the temporary license. In the application process you supply several things including the router serial number and your Email address. Cisco generates the temporary license (which is specific to this router) and sends it in an Email. You transfer the license file to flash on the router. Then you use the configuration command to have the router use the license.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

Rick

Do you guys know what is the price for the license?

Thanks,

Mor.

It looks to me like the security license for 2901 list price is $1200.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card