Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus multicast routing using PIM

nptechinical
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Need help on Nexus 3K

I am trying to use PIM in nexus 3k. everything is perfect receiving multicast but not crossing 1Mbps due to that streaming is getting stocked/scratches are there. when I am removing routing and forwarding through normal switching then its working fine. Is there anything special that  I need configure on nexus switches for PIM routing for bandwidth.

1 Reply 1

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Without knowing your topology, location of multicast source and what PIM mode is configured, it's difficult to give a precise solution. However, issues could be due to the default CoPP (Control Policing) or the Multicast table size.

I would suggest the following:

1. Disable the CoPP rate-limit with the config mode command copp rate-limit disable. If this works, then you may have to renable CoPP with no copp rate-limit disable, and adjust your CoPP policing. Disabling CoPP may lead to overwhelming your Supervisor.

2. You may instead choose to increase the Multicast table with the command hardware profile multicast max-limit size. Maybe try a size of 5000 or 6000, if you have heavy multicast traffic and fewer unicast entries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: