Views
Helpful
Replies

No access to Internet from VLAN to router IP

reynosoalmonte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a router as working with IP service voice. This router has a vlan1 as default with IP: 190.x.x.x/24. This is working with PAT to communicate with the ISP. 

Then, I have a layer 3 switch with vlan 199 that is the network of my phones and server. 

It works very good. But I need to make some change and I can't ping the ip server from the outside of the network with vlan 199.

I try to configure eigrp on both (router and switch) but I have the following message: Neighbor is blocked not on common subnet 

What is wrong?

19 Replies 19

If I have vlan 1 in the router IP, can I change to the same vlan interface I have in the layer 3 switch? Ok, I know that I can change, but is it works? 

I just want ping this vlan from any vlan I have in my network. Phones works good, but I need to reach vlan phones from the wireless.

Hello,

wireless ? Where in your drawing is the wirless (AP) ?

Please provide a full topology map with every device in your network including IP addressing.

Hello,

Ok, I will provide the drawing.

I could change the vlan 1 of the router IP to the vlan 199; the same vlan 199 I have in the layer 3 switch (SW-PRINCIPAL).

Now, in the router ip I have int vlan 199 with 190.191.199.254/24 and layer 3 switch int vlan 199 -> 190.191.199.10/24

Here is the drawing. 

I can ping from SW-PRINCIPAL to Router IP. But I can not ping from SW-ISP2-COMP and neither.

Hello,

--> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 190.191.192.108

Where in your drawing is 190.191.192.108, where is that network ?

Mark in your drawing which traffic you want to go where. I understand that the default route goes to the ISP router, but what traffic do you NOT want to go to the Internet, and where should it go ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card