cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OpenVPN on RV260 connection ok, but no connection to servers in the subnet behind the rv260

RS2412
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my problem is that there is a working openvpn connection to the RV260 (behind a FritzBox, port and route forwarding definitely works). Is is possible to connect from remote to the RV260 (via webbrowser login, the IP is 192.168.250.4), but i cannot connect to any other server that is in the subnet of 192.168.250.xxx. There is a Linux server (192.168.250.10) with a telnet login, but the Linux server doesn't answer. A ping from remote to the rv260 with IP 192.168.250.4 is possible, but there is no ping answer when pinging to the linux server or any other device that is in the subnet of 192.168.250.xxx.
It seems that there is no way to go in the subnet behind the rv260. Who can help? Thanks.

Greetings, Bob.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

one thing you could try is enabling VPN Passthrough (for the protocol you are using). Check page 101 of the attached user guide...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV260/Admin_Guide/b_RV260x_AG.pdf

Thanks for answering, but vpn passthrough ist not available for openvpn.

joseph.h.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your firewall setting on your RV260?  You may have to add permit rules because by default it denies any any.

Hi Joseph,

thanks for your answer, but there is no difference between the both situations firewall is enabled or totally disabled. This cases I have already tested before. Or do you mean any other firewall configurations issue?
Greetings Bob

RS2412
Level 1
Level 1

--- SOLVED ---

Hi dear community,

I'm so sorry about wasting your time, I made a beginner's mistake about routing. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
In fact, I have in the same subnet two vpn routers, the old RV325 (with only five openvpn connections at the same time) und a new RV260 (with at least 20 connections at the same time, this ability was just the reason for buying the RV260). On the linux server the standard gateway is still the old RV325. Therefore, every package back to remote users goes via the standard gateway, including all RV260 vpn packages that should go via the RV260. The solution was actually simple, I have only to create a static route on the linux server. Packages for the internal vpn subnet 172.32.0.0 should go via the RV260 local IP. And, abracadabra, all is fine!
Greetings Bob

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card