Replies

Ospf and Ripv2 also backup link

November 123
Level 1
Level 1

MAG-13215.png

1. Make end to end connectivity.

2. we have one Backup Link also. My all connectivity go through primary link

From R4 to R6, it don't use backup link..

when you do traceroute from R4 to R6 then it travel from R4 to R1 to R2 to R3 to R5 to R6

This is standard communication.

But if any case to R1 or we have link down from r4

R1 to R2 or any other link then

comunication should be come through backup link.

means traceroute from r4 to r6 should be come through

r4 to r5 to r6

4 Replies 4

Niamh69
Level 1
Level 1

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.
Fragomen Connect Portal

datahk2
Level 1
Level 1

I admit, I have not been on this blog in a long time, however it was joy to find it again. It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals! I thank you for helping to make people more aware of these issues. Just great stuff as per usual! facebook

paul.driver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
Looking at your topology you have posted i would say east/west traffic <r4<>r6> would default via R5 for the rip network, R5 is acting as ABR/ASBR, what you dont show is the R4<>R5 connection as to what ospf area (if any) they are attached to?

Hello
Looking at your topology you have posted i would say east/west traffic <r4<>r6> would default via R5 for the rip network, R5 is acting as ABR/ASBR, what you dont show is the R4<>R5 connection as to what ospf area (if any) they are attached to?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card