Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF design

min.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to design OSPF area and not sure what is the best way to do.

There are two data centers. it is not main and backup. those two are active datacenters and remote offices need to access to those two datacenters actively every day and there is ATT ASE circuit on each office and datacenter.

ATT ASE is switched circuit so it is one broadcasting domain. attached diagram.

and there are two internet circuits on each office and datacenter. I configured site to site VPN using internet circuits from each office to those datacenters as a backup line to datacenters in case ATT ASE is down. 

If I want to run OSPF, should I have area 0 on all locations (remote offices and datacenters)?

due to voice, each office must talk to each other.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You describe 2 data centers which are both active and both accessed by remote offices. You have not told us how many remote offices, but I am not sure that this would be a significant factor. If each remote office needs access to both data centers I would suggest that all should be in the same area. area 0 would be fine, but if you want you could use some other ospf area number (as long as there is a single ospf area then which area number is not particularly important).

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You describe 2 data centers which are both active and both accessed by remote offices. You have not told us how many remote offices, but I am not sure that this would be a significant factor. If each remote office needs access to both data centers I would suggest that all should be in the same area. area 0 would be fine, but if you want you could use some other ospf area number (as long as there is a single ospf area then which area number is not particularly important).

HTH

Rick

I am glad that my suggestion has been helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card