Replies

OSPF in P2P

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

dears

suppose i have a network like this with OSPF running:

N1---router1-----------WAN (PPP)-------------router2----N2

if i check the details of router1 LSA, i can find it has 2 stub networks: the LAN and the WAN.

in my understanding a STUB network is a network where you don't have another OSPF router.

it is logic that the LAN is a stub network but why the WAN is also considered as STUB since we have another router at the opposite side?

thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

ospf stub network  simply means that network/ interface has no ospf peering

it not to be confused with a stub area which is ospf area which negates external type 5 lsa's and requires an ABR router to reach external routes

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

ospf stub network  simply means that network/ interface has no ospf peering

it not to be confused with a stub area which is ospf area which negates external type 5 lsa's and requires an ABR router to reach external routes

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

edited as Paul's answer obviously explained it to OPs satisfaction.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card