Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NYC VLAN Can't Reach Miami Network

I have two offices for my company.  One is based on NYC, the other in Miami FL.  I have a 10.0.0.0/16 network in NYC, and a 10.1.0.0/16 network in FL.  These networks are further broken down in /24's.  For instance:

NYC

10.0.1.0/24

10.0.2.0/24

...etc

FL

10.1.0.0/24

10.1.1.0/24

...etc

The FL subnets can reach across and ping any subnet in NY.  From NY, all the subnets can reach across to FL, except a newly created subnet (10.0.2.0/24).  Each site has an L3 switch that has static routes pointed to their own respective "MPLS" routers.  These routers are simply CE-PE configured.  Each respective router has a zero route that points to the serial interface of the respective "MPLS" provider.  So basically the L3 switch statically points to the router, the router receives the packets, does a lookup, and should send it to the provider network.  From FL, the new NY subnet can be reached with no issue.  However, from NY, when you source a ping from the new subnet, to any of the FL subnets, you get no response. Would anyone be able to give me any ideas as to possible reasons?  Thanks for all your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That does sound a bit strange.

What does a traceroute from both sides between the same IPs show ?

Are there an acls applied anywhere on your L3 devices ?

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That does sound a bit strange.

What does a traceroute from both sides between the same IPs show ?

Are there an acls applied anywhere on your L3 devices ?

Jon

John, thank you for taking the time to reply!  The missing piece of the puzzle, that I was not told about, was that there was an ISP managed router that had to have the static route added to.  Again, I truly appreciate your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card