Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF route engineering question

rmrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We do have multiple sites coming through MPLS to the main network. Branch office routers are configured with ospf. When it is coming through MPLS,

it is coming as external 2 route at the network. My question is that is there any way I can change those e2 route to e1 route right at the CE device at main network where MPLS network is terminating? I was thinking by creating route-map and then redistribute into the ospf process. Anybody has any idea how to tackle this? Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Praveen AR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rahman,

Yes possible at provider edge ,while redistributing from bgp to ospf process use route-map  with metric-type 1.

Regards

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

On the PE device, service provider can do that but may be the service provider is not going to do the extra configuration on their end. I want to put the configuration on our device to control the route.

Thanks!

Hi Rahman.

As per my knowledge ther eis no way to metric type inbound in ospf.You can change AD  if you need.

Regards

Praveen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card