Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf route manipulation doesn't work as expected

sampath1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

PFA, I have recently made a change in our environment where our DC devices connected to our remote sites A & B are on Area 0 and all the remote site devices are in area 200.

I have a opsf cost of 1 in my router A to prefer the path to ISP 1 and Ospf cost of 15000 as back up from router to ISP2(These are backup VPN Tunnels). 

Since the router 2 has presence in Area 0, this router alone is taking the tunnels to ISP 2 and the traffics from router 2 is not hitting the Router-1. Is there any manipulation to fix this issue?

I need the router 2 to consider the ISP-1 as the primary route, all the other devices are going through R1 and taking ISP1 as primary path except R2.

Thanks,

Sam

5 Replies 5

Hi

Just some questions, The switch is working in L3 mode? or have you verified if Router B has adjacency with Router A and it is learning routes from Router A?

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

As I look at the drawing it appears that the connection between the routers is in area 200. It mentions that both routers are in area 0 but does not show how that is. Can you clarify the connection to area 0 for both routers and how they would communicate with each other in area 0? Perhaps the output of show ip ospf from each router would be helpful.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The router B is a secondary router for our Internet links over Site to Site & GRE tunnels using one of our ISP(ISP2). this is our backup link connected to a different DC(lets call this DC2) using Area 0.

Router A is connected to a different DC(lets call it DC1)  using VPLS and this is our primary connection. As I mentioned the switch tarffic goes through router A but router B doesn't go through Router A because the Router B has area 0 presebce with DC2 and its preferring DC2 path even if the OSPF cost is higher.

My target is get the traffic on router B pass thorugh Router A and use the DC1.

For your information, DC1 and DC2 are connected over 10G links with OSPF Area 0.

Hope this helps, Thanks for your time.

Switch works as L3 mode and Router B doesn't form adjacency with Router A.

Switch works as L3 mode and Router B doesn't form adjacency with Router A.

it doesn't have to learn the routes from Router A. Router B is connected to Switch using two OSPF routed links & connected to a DC using two tunnels and its forming neighbor ship with all the devices its connected to. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card