cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Stub area don't get all ABR's paths

dora_smith
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured on my router in Stub area "area 1 stub" and on the ASR just the same and I added the network between them on both routers, but I only get the loopback address of the ASR, not all his paths, in the routing table of stub area routers. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is the expected behavior for OSPF.

"OSPF ABRs limit the advertisement of different types of routes into different OSPF areas
based on the type of Link State Advertisement (LSA) associated with each network. An
Area Border Router (ABR) bordering any type of OSPF stub area prevents the advertisement
of external routes into the stub area. Exceptions are those generated within any type of
NSSA by an Autonomous System Boundary Router (ASBR) within the same area as the
ABR. The ABR in a stub or totally-stubby area advertises a default route as an inter-area
route (type 3 Network Summary LSA). An ABR to a totally stubby area prevents
advertisement of any other inter-area routes as well as external routes into that area. The
same ABR can border multiple types of areas. An ABR could also be an ASBR, a
combination not represented in this scenario."

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

can you more elaborate and also attach topology ?

This is the expected behavior for OSPF.

"OSPF ABRs limit the advertisement of different types of routes into different OSPF areas
based on the type of Link State Advertisement (LSA) associated with each network. An
Area Border Router (ABR) bordering any type of OSPF stub area prevents the advertisement
of external routes into the stub area. Exceptions are those generated within any type of
NSSA by an Autonomous System Boundary Router (ASBR) within the same area as the
ABR. The ABR in a stub or totally-stubby area advertises a default route as an inter-area
route (type 3 Network Summary LSA). An ABR to a totally stubby area prevents
advertisement of any other inter-area routes as well as external routes into that area. The
same ABR can border multiple types of areas. An ABR could also be an ASBR, a
combination not represented in this scenario."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card