cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer: Can only see 2 Gig interfaces when trying to plug in, but there are 3 Gig interfaces availible on the router

kevpg138
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to complete daily labs in packet tracer now that I've switched to online school. I'm want to have Router0 be connected to two other routers as well as a switch (3 devices), but only 2 Gig interfaces show up when trying to connect with a cable. 

Screenshot_1.png

If I hover over the device, it shows that there are 3 total Gig ports:

Screenshot_6.png

So my question is how do I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

as far as I recall, this is a bug in Packet Tracer. You need to turn off the router, and than add a GLC-T module to the port on the bottom right (there are four ports in the upper left corner of the router). Then, turn the router back on, and you will see GigabitEthernet0/0/2 available.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Hello,

as far as I recall, this is a bug in Packet Tracer. You need to turn off the router, and than add a GLC-T module to the port on the bottom right (there are four ports in the upper left corner of the router). Then, turn the router back on, and you will see GigabitEthernet0/0/2 available.

Thank you so much! I was tearing my hair our trying to fix this!

It is a weird bug and documented nowhere...

Hello, I have this problem too (May 11 2022) PT version 8 (running in linux)  Rebooting the router does not change the availability of connectable ports.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hello,

adding the GLC-T interface in the upper right slot (see attached image) does not work ?

Sorry, it does not seem to change anything. (attached pics) I am running Linux Mint, PT 8.0.1.0064

I do appreciate the very quick reply, thank you.

Hello,

I cannot see from the screenshot what you are adding, and where. The NIM is highlighted. Are you adding a GLC-T ?

I just added 2 GLC-T's (screenshot 1) 

(just to see) and there is now an option to connect to g0/0/2 but nothing for g0/0/3 (screenshot 2)

Again, thank you for getting back to me (I'm studying for the CCNA and trying to do as many labs as I can)

Hello,

three interfaces is the maximum I think. You cannot add a fourth one.

Sorry, my bad.  It let me drag and drop one in the top slot above the bottom right.  I guess that was my problem all along.

Problem exists between keyboard and .....Me.  

Thanks for helping me Georg.  Much appreciated.

Thank you. That fixed the problem. The GLC-T is an SFP media port. It may be need to  be configured. Cisco doesn't explain, but your information was very helpful.

wow, i was helpful.

that actually feels good.

thanks for getting back to me.

Now back to studying for my CCNA!!

have a great day!!

Glad to be an encouragement. Kept studying. No one knows it all and it seems the more I learn the less I know, but the quality of my questions improves.

Cheers - Rich

Sufi
Level 1
Level 1

I done have  GLC-T module but I can see GLC-LH-SMD module and when I use it, it does not allow to connect with  G/0/0 port on another router, please help. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco