Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Packet Tracer: Can only see 2 Gig interfaces when trying to plug in, but there are 3 Gig interfaces availible on the router

Hi, I'm trying to complete daily labs in packet tracer now that I've switched to online school. I'm want to have Router0 be connected to two other routers as well as a switch (3 devices), but only 2 Gig interfaces show up when trying to connect with a cable. 

Screenshot_1.png

If I hover over the device, it shows that there are 3 total Gig ports:

Screenshot_6.png

So my question is how do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Re: Packet Tracer: Can only see 2 Gig interfaces when trying to plug in, but there are 3 Gig interfaces availible on the router

Hello,

as far as I recall, this is a bug in Packet Tracer. You need to turn off the router, and than add a GLC-T module to the port on the bottom right (there are four ports in the upper left corner of the router). Then, turn the router back on, and you will see GigabitEthernet0/0/2 available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Re: Packet Tracer: Can only see 2 Gig interfaces when trying to plug in, but there are 3 Gig interfaces availible on the router

Hello,

as far as I recall, this is a bug in Packet Tracer. You need to turn off the router, and than add a GLC-T module to the port on the bottom right (there are four ports in the upper left corner of the router). Then, turn the router back on, and you will see GigabitEthernet0/0/2 available.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much! I was tearing my hair our trying to fix this!

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

It is a weird bug and documented nowhere...