Views
Helpful
Replies

[Packet Tracer] Configuring an ISP outside networks

Acryaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my entire network includes this -

4 LAN Networks in different locations, and 1 isp which will provide the 4 networks with internet, at the moment i am unsure of how to configure the ISP router, each device needs to be able to ping and receive a response from the ISP router, another issue i have, is there needs to be for example - 300 wired devices (Generic PC's) in each of the networks, i understand how a network mask works, however how do i implement this into this lab, without creating 300 wired devices in each? as this will be overwhelming and there must be an easier way, i will attach some attempts made on packet tracer, any help would be great

7 Replies 7

Acryaz
Level 1
Level 1
https://ufile.io/huijg

files are in that link

Hello,

can you post the Packet Tracer project file you already have (rename the .pkt file to a .jpg file first, otherwise you cannot upload it).

If you need 300 hosts in each segment, you need a /23 mask, but you already figured that out. For testing connectivity, you don't really need to simulate all 300 hosts. If one or two work, and can connect to everything else, the rest will work, too.

Hey thanks for the reply, one attempt is attached to this reply

Hello,

I have attached a basic network with 4 LAN segments, all of which have Internet connectivity, and all of which can communicate with each other. There are several ways to accomplish this, in this example I used a single switch, a trunk uplink to the router, and subinterfaces for each VLAN. Also, the router serves as DHCP server.

Hi, what version of packet tracer have you used for this?

7.1, which I think is the most recent...

You can download it here (scroll down to about halfway through the page, to the section 'Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Download Links':

https://www.itechtics.com/download-cisco-packet-tracer-7-1-free-direct-download-links/

Awesome thankyou! I’m out for the day today so I’ll have a look later tonight, can you stick around until I’ve had a quick look at it? I really appreciate your help
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card