cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping Unsuccessful

Lihon
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to ping a wireless device from a branch to another router from different branch but failed.

26 Replies 26

Ohh my bad, but some of the laptops which have wireless connection the DHCP request is successful. But some failed and APIPA is being used, what is the issues here?

For the laptops, you need to turn they off, remove the Ethernet adapter, install the WPC300N adpter so that they can connect on the wireless and get IP address. 

Alright now the Kedah wireless devices have successfully requested the dhcp, but Malacca wireless devices failed and apipa address is being used.

Also I can't ping the printer with other devices outside the its VLan. Next, the switches can't ping each other. Also the perils switch P1 can't ping with Selangor router.

The printer needs to be connected using DHCP. If you use static IP it has no place to add the default gateway and you will never ping a host outside the vlan if it has no gateway.

Either you setup a DHCP server on the switch K2 or you connect the printer on switch K1 and it will reply ping 

what about the switches? I tried pinging them to one and another but failed. And also I tried pinging the switch P1 to selangor router failed too.

Switches you also need to add gateway like this . This is for K1. You need to do in all switches using their respectives routers as gateways.

Switch#conf t

Switch(config)#ip default-gateway 200.88.99.1

For the switches you also need to setup gateways.

Switch#conf t

Switch(config)#ip default-gateway 200.88.99.1

This is for switch K1 but you need to do for all switches using the respective routers as gateways.

I changed the ports of the servers and switch S1 where I connect them with the gigaethernet port with fiber optic cable and now they can't ping together.

If you are going to use fiber, you need to choose one interface on the switch that works with the interface on the Server. As you can see, there many. 

I choose both gigaEthernet, is it wrong?

choose the same kind of interface on both sides.  I am attaching a file with server using fiber and communicating .

Take a look

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card